Thursday, January 27, 2011

A beautiful warm scarf!

A good friend's daughter left today for 6 months school in Ottawa in Canada after finishing year 12 last year. I have wanted to try 'Hatched and Patched's scarf patterns since I first saw them and decided it would be the perfect gift for Belinda for Christmas. As normal I was running behind and starting to stress so I decided to give her the kit to make herself! She is making her 2nd quilt at the moment (self taught) but has no other sewing experience. This is the end result! I am super impressed , she was able to follow the instructions easily and has had a great finish. She is really pleased with it and it is safely packed in her case. Now I want to buy another kit of fabric and try one for myself.

3 comments:

Mistea said...

Maybe if you get a kit now it will be done for our winter??

Truly does look lovely finished and will come in very handy in Canada.

Cardygirl said...

Looks gorgeous...I still need to do the bobbles!

Tatersmama said...

That is absolutely gorgeous! So where did you get the kit? Because it sounds like something I would love to get (but not make -lol!) for my BFF's teenage daughter!