Sunday, October 28, 2012

On our way...

This thursday I finished work until January. We are packing up this morning, somewhat frantically, always running behind!, to go to Geelong for between 4 to 8 weeks. SH begins his stem cell transplant today, day -14, it will involve 14 days (minus ones) of conditioning (chemo and other treatments) before the transplant of his stem cells (day 0) then his immune system and body need to recover. Most of this time he will be an inpatient. I will be staying in hospital accomodation, just across the road in a unit so I can come and go often. Once again Mum will come and stay at home with the 'kids'. Of course this is the worse possible week this could start with the 'horsey' one beginning exams and HS turns 21 this week but it is not the kind of thing you can just fit in when it suits. We are very positive about the process and will just take each day as it comes. I will be updating the blog daily for family and friends that will be following our journey. Unless I can work out how to post photos from the ipad they may be colorless! Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers xx

8 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lise....my thoughts are with all of you...x

Annie said...

Down load Blogsy and that will enable you to post from your iPad . Just google it and it's free. All the best in Geelong.

Sylvia said...

Thinking of you at this tough time. Hope it all goes very well. Hope you have packed some reading or stitching!

Calidore said...

thinking and praying for you both and the family. All will go well and you will both be home before you know it. Hugs to you both.

Chookyblue...... said...

all the best with the treatment...hope you have some hand stitching packed.......
goodluck to the hosey one for her exams.......

ruthsplace said...

I hope all goes really well with the treatment. Glad to hear that you have accommodation right near the hospital, that will make things easier.

Sending lots of healing thoughts your way.

Anita said...

I'm a bit behind with my blog reading so have just seen this.......my prayers are with you all as hubby goes through this journey. And the biggest prayer of all is that the treatment is successful!!
Hope your daughter is going well with the exams.
xx

Carol said...

Oh Lise I'm now on the catch up, holy heck. Thinking of you all.