Sunday, December 2, 2012

Gingerbread horses...

Hard to believe we have been home again for over a week. Things are going well, still living a day at a time and desperately trying to get organised for Christmas in case the wheels fall off in the next few weeks! Add to that it is a month today until the 'horsey' one flies out and yikes there is SO much to do!!!
While we were away all I dreamt of doing when we got home was baking! I missed having an oven so much. As happens when we got home I had trouble finding my baking mojo and a whole week went past without any goodies being created! I am happy to say the tide has turned! Friday were 2 Birthdays so cupcakes were the order of the day. I used the new Philadelphia cream cheese icing flavored with Cadbury chocolate. Delicious and great to use if you are in a hurry. The Birthday recipients felt very spoilt!


This morning I made gingerbread horses which the 'horsey' one and I enjoyed icing together. We had the Pony Club Christmas break up at lunchtime and they were a hit and the first dessert to go. It was lots of fun!They were all different!!


Wonder what will be baked this week???

9 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love those horses...

Mistea said...

Yum - I love gingerbread. Horses perfect for the occasion.

Enjoy baking.

Anonymous said...

All looks yummy to me

Jodie said...

Glad you are home with your oven !!! Gorgeous horsies.

Sheryl said...

Ooh yummo! they look delicious, such a fun idea...

Calidore said...

Lovely to hear that life is settling down slowly and your baking mojo is back. Gorgeous gingerbread horses - I can understand why they were the first to go....vbg. Love and hugs to you all.

Lorraine said...

I discovered the frosting in the supermarket this weekend....hadn't seen it before and bought some to try......your cupcakes and horses look amazing! Only a month until your girl flies away ..yikes!! hope all the wheels stay firmly on for all of you! that will be my Christmas wish for you!

Margaret Stickland said...

positives all round, great news, and excitement to boot. The Horsey one must be nearly ga ga over the trip. So nice to be in touch again.

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Gingerbread horses - such a great idea and beautifully decorated!