Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Curtains - tick!



Well after my trip to the hairdressers this morning (oh it is a good feeling to have a color and cut and be tidy again!!) I headed out of town to try and buy new curtains. Think I was surprisingly optimistic!! It proved a little harder than I thought and unfortunately I had to settle for my second choice as I couldn't get the mocha in the correct sizes for the two windows. The only bonus was the blue curtains were very reasonably priced so I figure they don't have to last too many years before I can replace them!


While I was there I picked up a few fat quarters in different navy / taupe combinations, not sure what for yet! Also picked up some brown on sale and a red fabric with a black and white apron print on it that called to me. I have hidden these from SH for the moment as we are meant to be on a 'budget'!!!!


Is this not the cutest kitten??? Peter decided our bed leaning against the wall was a great climbing adventure. I wasn't able to get cross with him!


7 comments:

Mistea said...

That is one very cute cat. Well done on getting the curtains, I admire people who can do jobs like that in just one trip.

Tanya said...

Now that is a very photogenic kitten and it sure looks like he knows it! Aren't kittens just the most fun to watch! Of course they get into everything imaginable though.
Give him a hug and pet from me!

Ruth's Place said...

Gorgeous kitten.

I had to laugh at your fabric purchase. I had an oops in the yarn store yesterday. Bought 5 balls of yarn, but only showed the husband 2 of them (hid the others) the funny thing is that he wants me to go back and get more of the yarn I did 'fess up to!

Gina said...

will you come curtain hunting with me and Gam. I need to get new curtains for her room and I'm dreading it.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Mischief Maker said...

Curtains - I can never find what I want so I make them. The ones for the lounge are sitting nicely cut up in the spare room for 4 years now. The photo of the kitten is just gorgeous.

Carol said...

That is the most perfect photograph. The position of his legs, the expression on his face. Oh my! It couldn't be more perfect if you posed him like that.

Betty J in OKC said...

Give Peter lots of kisses and thank God for his great health. I've got a sick kitty, with an auto-immune disease that may pass to heaven soon. I wish God could heal him, but my kitty hates the constant round of shots every 8 wks.