Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A new adventure!

Well another week has gone since I posted and I've well and truly been on the hurdy gurdy. I would love to just be able to catch up with myself a little!!! This past weekend was very busy as the local pony club that the 'horsey' one attends held our annual One Day Event. It is our main fundraiser for the year but so much work to host. Unfortunately we are a small club of only about 20 members and for whatever reasons only about 5 of these families were prepared and able to help! (seems to be a common problem that it is always the same people helping!!!). As SH is President of the club and I am Treasurer we were heavily involved. A full day working bee Saturday and then we were out there by 7am Sunday and not home until 8pm. SH ran the canteen along with my Mum who gave up her day to help while I was on duty in the Secretary's office all day. We only needed the ambulance once and the 'horsey' one came 4th so all in all not a bad day!
Today was another busy one as the 'Horsey' one headed off to China this afternoon on a compulsory school trip. It is part of their year 9 experience!!! They are away for almost 4 weeks and spend a few weeks at their sister school and do some touring. All in all a wonderful experience but I will miss her so much. She never stops talking so the house will be very quiet! Of course we only managed to finish packing an hour before she had to be at school to catch the bus but I am sure we haven't forgotten anything. She chose her favorite meal for dinner last night and then Mum and I took her out for lunch today and to buy those last minute things!!! I am looking forward to the first email from her to say she's arrived safely.

10 comments:

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Hi,
Your fundraisers sound like ours here...always the same parents for every event. I can't believe your daughter will be away for 4 weeks. Such a wonderful experience, but I'm sure there will be alot of "missing you" while she's gone. Thank God for email!
~Karen~

Dawn's Daily Journal said...

Wow she sure is a busy little thing!! And isn't that always the way....20% of the people doing 80% of the work while the same people sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Makes you want to push someone and say "Would you help already!"
4 weeks?!?!?!!! Oh my, you will surely miss her but what a wonderful opportunity for her!
I agree with Karen, thank God for email!!!
dawn

Calidore said...

I think all clubs are in the same boat with only a few willing to help out. It makes it hard work for those involved. Well done for having such a successful day.
Gosh four weeks in China for your DD. I'm sure she will have a fantastic time and think of how much talking there will be when she returns home...vbg.

Carol said...

Good gracious. CHINA?!? Our school trips were to Ocean Grove and Sorrento. ROFL. How absolutely fabulous.

Anita said...

What an adventure for her. When we were in Japan my then 8 year old traveled around Japan with the Girl Scouts and stayed in homes of Japanese families. She saw more of Japan than the rest of us did. Did she take a camera so she can send you pictures? She'll be home before you know it.

Indigo Blue said...

Four weeks away is a long time. Could not imagine Sophie being away that long. I am sure she will be one day. Think of all the stories she will have to tell.
x

Chookyblue...... said...

what a lucky girl..........a trip to China.........

Victoria said...

You are so right about the same people always seeming to do the jobs.

WOW! Going to China for 4 weeks. What a trip! Our kids never do that type of event. They may go to downtown Atlanta to the big aquarium, but nothing ever as cool as this. I hope all goes well.

Tanya said...

How exciting! Wow! 4 weeks! Mom, are you going to survive? She will come back so filled with experiences and they will all overflow to you. And just wait, this will give her the traveling bug and in a few years she'll be saying... "Mom, I'm thinking about visiting..." That's how it worked with me.

Ruth's Place said...

She's going to have a great time! I spent a year living in China and it was awesome.