Monday, October 12, 2009

Back to the real world with a thud!!!

Where has the last week gone? This time last week we were still in Santa Monica enjoying our last day, breakfast, lunch and drinks on the hotel's veranda overlooking the beach! Now we are home and have hit the ground running. The 'horsey' one didn't have much time to acclimatise before heading off to camp on Friday for 8 days. It is a proper camp, they sleep in bivies / under tarps, cook for themselves, dig their own toilets and carry all their own gear. They do some hiking, biking, and surfing so some fun. I cannot believe she was looking forward to it - obviously those genes are not from my side of the family!!!! HS was back to school on Friday, not overly happy about it, think he would be happy to be on holidays permanently!! Saturday saw me return to work at the boarding house, luckily the girls were all on their best behaviour although the alarms went off at 1am - grrr - I need my sleep!!! SH was back to tennis Saturday and HS baseball so the summer sport season has well and truly started. SH and I are back to our proper jobs this morning so guess that means the holiday is well and truly over. We are still to fully unpack and this evening will be opening the huge mound of mail that arrived while we were away. We came home to a 'dead' washing machine - not what we needed with the amount of washing we have but we will deal with that tonight too along with a trip to the laundromat!! There has been crafting since I've been home but its a secret so no photos yet!! Hopefully in the next day or two will be posts about the trip as I sort through the 1200 photos we took!!

8 comments:

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Welcome home! Can't wait to see your photos.

Liz said...

Glad to hear you arrived back safe and sound. Coming home from holiday is a bit of a downer for the first week. But it sounds like you haven't had a chance to worry about that as life appears to be in full swing for you. Look forward to seeing the photos too. Did you get a chance to do crafty shopping over there?

Indigo Blue said...

Glad to have you back. Look forward to seeing the photos too. my washing machine went on the blink the week Sophie was born. Not funny at all to have to go to Curry's to buy a machine 5 days after giving birth!

Margaret said...

Children certainly keep yopu on your toes, Welcome back to the real world.

Jewells said...

I know why you couldn't put a photo of your craft, because it was for me!!... yes I received my parcel from you today... THANK YOU!.. will show photos on my blog today..
Thanks again...Jewells

Chookyblue...... said...

can't wait for the pics from your trip............
pleased you had a great time and arrived home safe.......

Missie Krissie said...

Welcome back!! I really hope you made some fantastic memories!! Glad to have you back on Aussie soil :)

May Kristin said...

Glad to see you are back safe and sound! Look forward to see photos and read about your adventure!