Saturday, September 25, 2010

A very exciting Saturday........(I hope!)



Well it is that Saturday in September when the Australian Football League Premier is decided at the Grand Final. Although the rest of my family support Geelong I have always been a St Kilda fan. In fact I was born the year St Kilda won it's last and only premiership (yep pretty easy to work out my age now!!!). One of my favorite photos as a little girl was me wrapped in a St Kilda towel with my Dad. The passion for our team was something we shared and I can remember as a teenager him taking me out of town to a practice match to see my team play. I have become fond of Geelong and if they are not playing St Kilda I do support them. The two teams met in last years Grand Final but the pain of us losing was cushioned somewhat as we were holidaying in the States and actually spent the day at Disneyland. SH is still not allowed to watch the DVD of that game though if I am home!! Unfortunately Geelong lost a few weeks ago and St Kilda will meet Collingwood today - the team they beat by a point 44 years ago and the team everyone loves to hate! I am nervous, they are a tough team and have played so well all year, we go in as the underdog but the result really could go either way. I decorated the house with posters, streamers and balloons early this morning and I have the couch set up, footy food is in the fridge and the tv is already on!!! I have also got some magazines, my knitting and stitching and the paper to read as it will be a long day and I may need a distraction or two!!!

GO THE SAINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

oh have a great day.........being a supporter I am sure you will love it but for me it wipes out a whole channel for the day..........LOL.........I don't even know whos playing.........LOL.....

Mistea said...

Don't have any unfortunate accidents with sharp implements when it becomes to hard to watch!

May the best team win!