Monday, November 29, 2010

Budding artist!

Today I was lost for blogging content and as you realise I have been so much better at blogging lately that I really didn't want to miss today or you may never of heard from me again so I searched hard and found a post that had never got past the 'draft' stage, who knows why??? I obviously just never got back to it!!!
Last year HS completed year 12 and one of the subjects he did was studio art. It was a lot of work and if anyone ever thought of doing it as a bludge subject they would be very disappointed! His school held a mini art exhibition of all the artwork and folios of the year 11 and 12 students complete with wine and cheese. He only just got it finished and hung on time (mmm not sure who he takes after???) and wasn't all together happy with the finished pieces. We loved them, his subjects were musicians in bands he has seen. The director of the local art gallery visited each school and chose artworks to be displayed in the 'Top Arts' Exhibition. One of his series of prints were chosen. We were so proud of him and pleased his hard work had been recognised. I attended the opening with him and then went again with the rest of the family before the closing date. Can't say I've ever had my artwork on display!!!

No comments: