Sunday, January 27, 2013

Lamington muffins


SH went to baseball out of town yesterday so we had our belated Austalia Day lunch today. A friend of Mums had given us a leg of lamb at Christmas and we were itching to have it. With only the two of us home we invited some friends around to share , happily I can report we will still be eating the leftovers for the next week! For dessert I made lamington muffins.it is a Donna Hay recipe and I couldn't be happier with them. I have always wanted to make lamingtons but have to admit they scared me. For some reason these looked easier!! They had a secret spot of jam in the middle. I served them with cream and they got a tick of approval.
The roses are from our garden :)


5 comments:

Mistea said...

Yum! Those muffins sound delicious.
Enjoy the leftovers.

trash said...

Oooo! They look yummity. Meant to make lamingtons yesterday but somehow it didn't happen, maybe I'll make these today instead.

Lorraine said...

Lamingtons muffins.....sound and look amazing.....!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Yum and your table looks lovely

Joolz said...

Sounds like a yummy recipe! Mine were good too, served with a dollop of cream.... Naughty!