Sunday, June 15, 2008

I must be crazy!!!!!


It is my beautiful goddaughter 'Bianca's 2nd birthday today and I have had it in the back of my mind for a few weeks to make her a snuggle quilt as part of her present. Unfortuantly I had run out of time but in a moment of extreme madness I decided yesterday it just had to happen! This is as well as the 'horsey' one playing netball, riding, trying out for country week hockey and playing hockey out of town. This is also as I am packing up everything for Sebastian to leave us to travel home to Hong Kong today and then on to school in Adelaide. He has spent over a year with us and is not the most tidy or organised so that was a challenge in itself. This was also as my house is both a fire hazard (with piles of junk everywhere) and about to be condemned by the health department for its untidy, unclean state.....This was also as I needed to make 2 lots of cakes (one a new recipe) to take down to Bianca's birthday party today. Anyway it happened. I sewed the last part of the binding down at 7.30 this morning and it will be wrapped and delivered on time! and I blame it onto all of you who regularly show the most amazing quilts that seem to have just happened and frequently. If all of you can manage it then I should be able to as well!! I did cheat a little. I used a charm pack of Moda's 'Monkey'n Round' and did nothing special, just blocked them together. I backed it with polar fleece (to make it snuggly) . Had terrible trouble with the corners, something I definately need to work on. If it wasn't for a littlie I would of popped a button on each to try and cover them.
( the matchsticks at the bottom of the photo belong to the 'horsey' one, doesn't take after her mother in shape!!)
I drew the winner of my tiny giveaway (the lavender pattern) this morning. Congratulations to Cathi from Celtic Knots.
Must go and finish packing to head off to Melbourne, don't think I've put Seb's passport in yet so that best be next on the list!!

5 comments:

Dawn's Daily Journal said...

Whew...I was tired just reading all that!! hahahaha I love the quilt and I'm sure it will be her favorite at nap time!
Dawn

Gina said...

I love the quilt. very often the quick and simple designs turn out nicer than the more involved.

I'm sure she'll love it.

love and hugs xxx

Mischief Maker said...

You should see my house. I have a shed that I have all the scrapbooking stuff in but it just doesn't fit the jewellry making, sewing, and art paint in. Maybe I should move to the shed and set the house up as a studio! :) I love the quilt by the way. I wish I had more time to get back into quilting, and cross stitch, and embroidery, and making my own clothes and ......

Stacy said...

I know what you mean seeing all these amazing women whip together these quilts in a flash! Yours looks great though. I am sure she will treasure it. I have the same charm pack with a couple yards of red flannel all ready to be pieced for a dear friends new baby, now all I need is the time and motivation. Seeing yours has inspired me!
I was in Sydney myself exactly 5 years ago. Seeing those pics reminded me of how beautiful it was. I loved AUS!
Thanks for all your lovely comments hun! I enjoy everyone. See you soon. Love Stacy

Ruth's Place said...

Love the monkey fabric, it's really cute!