Monday, August 18, 2008

Lots of puppy but not much quilting!!!






Well 'SH' was in Sydney this weekend to see his beloved football team Geelong, the 'Cats' play!! He has gone with some mates he worked with 20 years ago. They started then going interstate once a year to see Geelong play and some combination of the group has gone every year since. 'SH' hasn't been for about 4 years and was really looking forward to the weekend away. I did try and gently remind him that the 4 of them were all 20 years older now and to keep that in mind!!
He will get back tonight, probably tired but happy!! and with lots of stories to tell and probably just as many he won't tell......
Therefore I have been on puppy duty for the weekend. I love Jimmy dearly but as you can tell from previous posts I am finding a puppy in the house challenging! He turned 8 weeks old yesterday so really is only a baby. I took him to a horse competition yesterday and he had a wonderful day out in the 'great outdoors', so many things to smell, chew and eat!!! These photos show how he is growing and how cute he is!! The one in the blue towell is how he finally fell asleep yesterday in the 5 lone minutes of sun we had.
Kids of course were busy. 'HS' refereed (is this even a word?) 4 games of basketball on Friday night, then the 'Horsey' one played hockey Saturday afternoon. Her team won their 2nd game of the season and she scored a goal so glad I left quilting early to watch. She had a Dressage and Showjumping competition yesterday and won her Dressage class and went clear in 2 rounds of SJ, if we don't mention the other 2 rounds she was eliminated it was a good day!!!!
Stitching wise I am still plodding along on my Sashimo and my Noah's ark blocks. I picked them up when I could on the weekend and actually got to quilting for a few hours saturday afternoon. My machine should be back from being serviced this week so that will help things along!!

7 comments:

Mad about Craft said...

Very, very cute but harder work than a baby!! So much fun though!

Ruth's Place said...

He is so very cute! My husband really wants a puppy, I keep telling him he's mad while we've got a baby. I think he's forgotten how much work puppies are!

Carol said...

Sounds like a busy weekend but oh my, that picture of Jimmy asleep in his blanket on the grass just warms my heart this cold winter morning.

I've never been through the puppy stage so I admire you there, my Molly was 1 year old when my husband got her.

Victoria said...

I love the sleeping puppy photo!

Congrats on the two clear rounds of dressage for the horsey one! What a busy, busy week for you! I'm tired contemplating it all. All of the activities sound so fun and satisfying, too.

Tanya said...

Yep, puppy care, kitty care. It all adds up. Sometimes I wonder why but I always fall so in love with all my animals. Jimmy is a dear.

rachelmp said...

Looks like that puppy is keeping you busy! He is lovely though. Cute pics!

Liz said...

What a sweet puppy... I agree - they are more work than an infant!