Saturday, December 13, 2008

Winter weather!!!


Lots of bits and pieces to tell today, none particularly exciting. We are having the most ridiculous weather. It is meant to be Summer and that means warm and sunny but instead it is cold and wet and windy! So wet and windy that I have unexpectedly been given a whole weekend to stay indoors and try to start and finish the Christmas cards and wrap the presents!! Baseball, tennis, puppy school and a horse event were all cancelled! Must admit I'm the only one smiling, the rest of the family are disappointed. Have to also admit that it is now Sunday and I didn't get one single Christmas card written yesterday although I have written the letter to go into them which is often the hardest part, condensing a whole year into a few pages! Freddy is spending all his time inside curled up fast asleep looking very cute as this photo shows.
Jimmy on the other hand is testing the friendship. I have threatened to give him away, even pay someone to take him these last few days! The 'horsey' one did say if he goes so does she, mmm, should I suggest she start packing??? I am finding it a little frustrating that it is only my things that he eats and finding this possum wool glove that my Mother-in-law brought me back from New Zealand last year does not help! and no I did not leave it hanging around, he actually went into my wardrobe and took it from a shelf!! It hasn't helped that we have had to walk in the rain the last few days. It has been a bit harder to wear him out as much as normal. We took this photo last week after one of his walks when he struggled to even get home!






I was so spoilt last week to receive a parcel from a blogging friend in Norway 'Anne Heidi'. I have sent her some magazines during the year. I received some 'coffee' coasters, some Christmas sweets, a little Christmas doll and two of the most beautiful pewter decorations to hang on my tree, a flag and a jumper. It was such a bright moment in a busy busy week!



My darling SH brought home an exciting package during the week. After many months of will we, won't we, can we justify the cost, should we... we finally purchased our very favorite new appliance ' a Kitchen Aid mixer'. We had to order it in as we wanted to choose our color, we finally settled for 'pistachio green' - a bit hard to see in this photo. While I was out for dinner on Thursday SH and the 'horsey' one christened it by making the first batch of shortbread for the season and were super impressed, the best shortbread ever apparently and after too many tastings I'd have to agree! (for those in the States , Kitchen Aid's here are very very expensive!)
Headed off to Ballarat for the day on Friday as the 'horsey' one had her first orthodontic appointment. It went well, we don't need to be reviewed for 12 months but in that time she needs to have 9 baby teeth removed. They don't fall out by themselves and are stopping her adult teeth from coming through.
Thank you to everyone for your prayers for Aunty Jan, please keep them coming. She is not doing very well. It is very aggressive and progressing a lot quicker than expected. She is in hospital although they hope to stabilise her enough in the next few days to send her home with palliative care services.


5 comments:

Dawn's Daily Journal said...

I'll bet it's hard to stay mad at him when he looks like such an angel while sleeping. heeheehee
dawn

Tanya said...

I know about you and Jimmy. At least he is only attacking gloves. Choco still attacks children and she should get to one there would be no choice for me to take appropriate measures. Among her minor sins is tearing up the yard but that doesn't sit well with my husband.

Victoria said...

Oh, to sleep like a contented feline!

What a rascal for getting into the wardrobe. Jimmy is such a mess.

Our weather is wet and warm. It is funny to see the kids in shorts and short sleeved tops in the winter.

The Naturalist's Daughter said...

It has been amazing weather for December. Its finally gotten hot now. I hope Jimmy doesnt get into to many of your things. Love the kitchen aid. Hope your Aunty Jan is doing ok.

Carol said...

I'm doing a catch up and reading some missed posts backwards. Oh I remember this weekend being so cold, it was my husband's birthday and we even had the fireplace going, in DECEMBER! hmmmph. Thank goodness it's warmed up now into lovely Christmas weather.

So okay now I have both blog and kitchen envy of you, what a great addition the Kitchen Aide. I'm soooooo jealous!