Thursday, December 11, 2008

Prayers please......

Prayers are needed please for my Aunty Jan. She has been sick since June with pneumonia and fluid on her lungs which keeps building up. She does not enjoy the best health anyway being a diabetic. After many hospital admissions and doctors appointments she has now been diagnosed with terminal cancer. The original cancer is Ovarian and she now has numerous secondaries. We were told she would enjoy Christmas but would not celebrate Easter with us. It is now doubtful that she will still be with us at Christmas this year. She lives with another Aunt and although does not have her own children has a large extended family who care about her. Mum arrived to stay with them to help out last weekend. She will stay indefinitely. They live 12 hours drive away, it is just so far. I am torn between rushing up there, my family, the silly season and work commitments. At this stage I am planning to go between Christmas and New Year but unfortunately I may need to go earlier. I am hoping that her faith will give her some comfort and courage to face the days ahead.

9 comments:

Anita said...

Lise,
So sorry to hear about your Aunt. I'll keep you both in my thoughts.

April said...

Thinking of you at this difficult time. You and your family are in my prayers

Hugs

April xx

Libby said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this new turn. I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts. Take care of yourself *hugs*

Dawn's Daily Journal said...

I'm so sorry about your Aunt. I'll be saying some prayers for her tonight.
dawn

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Sorry to hear about your Aunty Jan. Sending lots of prayers your way!

Andrea said...

How sad - will keep you in my thoughts.

Tanya said...

Lord pleas be with Lise' aunt. Thank you for her life and the blessings she has brought to the people around her. Please be with her in her passing and welcome her with open arms. In Jesus' name.

Victoria said...

I will add Aunty Jan to my prayers, too! So sorry for her illnesses.

Carol said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you.