Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mothers Day and more......


Had a lovely Mothers Day. My Mum and my SH's parents came for lunch and we had a lovely roast meal followed by a delicious nectarine crumble. SH picked these flowers from our garden for the table. I have decided I need to make a tablecloth and new placemats as I struggled to decorate the table the way I would like.



Mum brought a Mothers Day present for me which was lovely, a box of chocolates - yum! and this pen that she made with the children that go to Kids Club at her church. She is in charge of their craft activities. I'm sure all of their Mums would of been thrilled with this present. I'm loving using mine.





Jimmy was so cute on Sunday It's almost as if he knew it was a special day and decided to be good!!! When we finally let him inside ( I was reluctant when I'd spent the morning cleaning!) he crawled up onto my lap and proceeded to fall asleep. He is not quite the right size for a lap dog anymore, a little too big, and I'm sure he wasn't comfortable but he was happy!






When Mum came on Sunday she brought her latest quilt for me to look at. She has made it for my sister for her 40th birthday in June. Mum leaves for the UK in a fortnight so badly wanted to finish it to take with her. It is made with Moda's Wonderland range. The first photo is actually the back of it. Mum wanted to back it with black which wasn't available at her local shop so she pieced a back with her left over fabric. I think it makes it reversible now. The second photo is of the quilt front. I hope my sister loves it. I think its gorgeous!










I've been making more houses. I don't actually like these ones as much even though I thought it might be a good project to use brights! I'm very proud of myself, all of the fabric came from my stash (not that you can tell I've touched it!!!). Does anyone else have my problem, I struggle sometimes to cut into some of my favorite pieces in my stash!



Realised I hadn't ever showed any photos of my new bed! The room is still not finished, we don't have all the curtains up yet or anything on the walls. Think we will put Mums stumpwork up. This dresser is one of my favorite pieces of furniture. It came from my Grandmothers and was then at Mums. The shelves on the right (behind the stained glass) still hold original war book volumes that were also passed to us along with a few other old books we have collected. The bits and pieces on the top are gifts from 3 very special friends and I think of them each morning and
evening when I walk into my room.
This is our new bed and drawers (not the best photo). It is SO comfortable and I am so happy with our choice. Always puts a smile on my face!





Poor little Peter went to the vet for his operation yesterday. He was not impressed that he was fasted for the night before. We were advised to keep him confined last night and for the next 5 days!!! He is already back to normal and going stir crazy! Will keep him inside again today but he is already back to his cheeky ways!

13 comments:

Sylvia said...

Good to hear from you again Lise. Your bed looks great and I love the old dresser. What a special piece of furniture. Shame you can't go to England with Mum!!!

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

Happy to hear you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I love your mother's quilt for your sister's 40th. Great fabric. Your bedroom looks beautiful too...the blue and white is so pretty.
~Karen~

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love your new bedroom pics! The flower pen was a brilliant craft idea - must try that.

Andrea said...

Lovely quilt - I'm sure sis will love it. I have the same affliction - some fabric I will never cut into as it's just TOO nice. My DH just shook his head when I came out with that little gem - lol !

Chookyblue...... said...

wow so much to report.........
- nice quilt your mum made
- I enjoyed making my little houses once I got over the chimneys
- love the new bed.........just what I want but dh is too long
- no matter what I do the stash is not diminishing......

Carol said...

Oh absolutely beautiful quilt. So glad to hear you had a lovely mother's day and Jimmy is so cute. I swear if our big Molly could, she'd climb right up onto my lap too! LOL

Calidore said...

So nice to hear you had a lovely Mothers Day and that Jimmy behaved himself. Love the new bed, you will be so pleased when you get everything done in the bedroom.

Margaret said...

Talents galore in your house, thanks for sharing them with us.

Ally Jay said...

Good to hear you enjoyed your maother's day.

Indigo Blue said...

The flower pen looks fun! You have won my giveaway! You commented on the post beneath the winner announcement post. I shall pop it in the post asap.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Gorgeous bed..if only poor SH could get past the quilting mags and fabric to sleep there too!! Only jokin', LOL
Mum's quilt for your sister looks great, wont they have fun...with rates so cheap you should go for a few days to get you in the mood for the US...SSSSH would understand!!
Love tracey

ittybittyandpretty said...

thanks for popping in to leave a comment on my blog. i just love your blog name makes me go mmmmmm, not that i would eat a cat but chocolate mmmmmmm:)
rush into target and grab one of those shirts! i hope you get the other flavour/smell. i feel like going and getting the other even though it would be tight! maybe i could wear it under jumpers during winter :)
smooches rosey

quiltmom anna said...

Hi Lise,
Your new bedroom furniture is lovely- Isn't it fun to have things that connect you to the past- there is something really special about all of that.
Your sister's quilt is really lovely- your mom did a terrific job- I am sure that she will love it.
Thanks for coming to visit my blog- I do hope that you will come and visit again.
Regards from a Western Canadian Quilter,
Anna