Friday, April 2, 2010

Peer pressure.....

The school my children go to is a private school. To hold a leadership position in years 11 and 12 you must be a member of one of the school's choirs. This ensures there is always a well attended female and male voice choir!!!! Quite clever but not always a popular policy. HS was not interested in holding a captaincy but 'the horsey one' has always said that when she got to year 10 she would join the choir. The beginning of the year came and went and she changed her mind and decided she would wait until next year. This is where the peer pressure came in!!! One lunchtime there was only her and one other friend 'not' at choir so they decided they would have a look and see what they thought! They are now happy members of the choir!!
The choir performed at the school's annual Easter service and 'the horsey one' actually asked me to attend if I could. My work was kind enough to let me pop out for an hour. It was special and I am just sorry this was the first year I was able to attend. The church was full to overflowing and the students actively took part in the service by doing all of the readings. There were a lot of hymns ( I am tone deaf but love singing, especially in church, it would be very unchristian of anyone to criticise my singing!) and prayers and the Junior School Choir , the Junior Chamber Choir, the Male Voice Choir and the Female Voice Choir all performed. The Female Voice Choir sang Servant King / Al Shlosha D'Varim, it was very special and I was a very proud Mother.

2 comments:

Carol said...

How absolutely fabulous, this will instil a new love for her, and it will be good for her to be with like minded kids. You must be very very proud.

Margaret said...

There is nothing like a choir to let it all out.