Monday, December 12, 2011

A new treat and Day 12


Well it was an early morning as I needed to take a plate to work (not like me to leave things until the last minute!!) and I wanted to try a new recipe , one that I actually had out last Christmas and didn't get as far as making. 'Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies' - a Donna Hay recipe. Quite simple, decadent and delicious but poor SH innocently agreed to prepare the candy canes for me......mmmm that was a mistake! If we make them again I will be bribing a child to unwrap them and chop them the night before!!!
Last night I did something I had sworn never ever to do but in a moment of weakness gave in - joined facebook!!!! I find it hard to find time for blogging at times so I really wonder how I will find time for this,that is if I ever understand it, but I am so looking forward to using it to keep in touch with 2 special friends in WA.
Sad for me to say but the sweetened cream is winning in popularity!!!!

CHOCOLATE CANDY CANE COOKIES
110g butter, softened and chopped
1 cup (175g) brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup (150g) plain (all purpose) flour, sifted
1/4 cup cocoa sifted
1/2 tsp bicarb of (baking) soda
120g dark chocolate, melted
280g dark chocolate extra chopped
120g candy canes, chopped
Preheat oven 160 degrees C(320F). Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 8-10 minutes or until light and creamy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined. Add the flour, cocoa, bicarb of soda and melted chocolate and beat until just combined. Fold through the extra chopped chocolate. Roll tablespoons of the mixture into rounds. Place on baking trays lined with non stick baking paper allowing room for the cookies to spread and flatten slightly. Press the chopped candy canes into the tops of the cookies and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are firm. Allow to cool on the trays. Makes approx 20.

No comments: