Sunday, December 18, 2011

Too pretty to eat and Day 18

Over 12 months ago I saw on a blog some 'cookie' molds, they were so beautiful it was hard to believe they were edible or achievable. Of course I had to have one and give it a go, I could imagine adding to the collection each year and giving them as gifts beautifully presented! By the time I hopped on the website last year international orders were closed for the year so onto this years list it went. I just made the order in time this year, the last day for shipping, one day I promise I'll be organised!!! It was so hard to choose which mold to order. It arrived and we were both thrilled and daunted by it. It is a wooden carved mold. It came with a recipe book with lots and lots of tips and instructions. I had thought I would use it for shortbread but Connie suggested that the best effect would be with 'Springerle' cookies. We (being SH and I) read the book back to front ,looked at each other and swallowed hard!!! so we hopped on the website and watched the instruction video and decided to just go for it!! So far we are happy with the results, the cookies dry for up to 24 hours before you bake them, this helps to keep the image preserved. Once they are baked I am hoping I can give them for presents and that it will become a Christmas tradition.
The website they came from (and forgive me please for being useless at links) is http://www.houseonthehill.net/ , there service was fantastic, they were speedy and were very generous with their advice. I think Connie was on the Martha show recently as well.

..........as a bynote - the Christmas cards have been started!!!!
oh and if you happen to get a parcel from me it is to go under the tree and not be opened until Christmas!!!

9 comments:

Sylvia said...

Hi Lise. They do look way to pretty to eat! I think I am clever making shortbread shapes but these are gorgeous. I can't believe how much you have made over the last few weeks!

Cardygirl said...

They look great..as do you!!! You are a clever cookie! Don't look too hard for my mail yet...I am in a mess!

Lorraine said...

they look amazing....I have often looked at cookie moulds and thought about getting some..but .....it hasn't eventuated yet..a bit late for this year LOL

Chris said...

They are amazing!!
Congratulations!

Little Penpen said...

Those are beautiful. I bought a cookie mold one time and tried to makes some using store bought cookie dough. LOL what a mess... a big blob with not even a hint of the mold design. Yours are so pretty!!

Anonymous said...

They are gorgeous, Lise!! They will be too pretty to eat! You're amazing!

Calidore said...

I am so going to check out those molds. In the meantime - put the kettle on...vbg.

Calidore said...

PS forgot to add - fabulous photo of you!!!1

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

They look amazing - I can see why you had to buy some! Your friends will be most impressed.