Monday, November 2, 2009

A bouquet with a difference!

I celebrated my Birthday yesterday. ( I truly believe we should always celebrate Birthdays, each one we have is a gift, not everyone is so lucky) Imagine my anticipation when a large parcel arrived in the mail from a very special friend and her family. Inside was this 'cookie bouquet'! What a wonderful present and SO yummy!!! I'm rationing myself to a flower a day! The other thing I love about it is that it is a 'disposable' present. I once read an article that suggested unless it was a special gift that 'disposable' presents were best , candles, soaps etc, things that could be used and enjoyed but that wouldn't need a permanent home found for them. This made such a lot of sense that I try to remember it when possible.

17 comments:

Mistea said...

What a beautiful gift. Wishing you another amazing year. Enjoy

Cardygirl said...

Happy Birthday...love your bouquet

Renee said...

Happy birthday! The bouquet is gorgeous - what a wonderful idea. I too like disposable presents - heaven knows I don't need any more 'stuff'! I've just got to get my family trained on the idea.

Gina said...

What a fabulous bouquet.

Happy Birthday

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Calidore said...

Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday dear friend,
Happy Birthday to You

Hope you had a fantastic day and you are right - disposable gifts are the best kind.

rachelmp said...

Happy birthday Lise.What a lovely gift!

Ruth's Place said...

Happy Birthday!

And what a very cool present!

Dawn's Daily Journal said...

Happy happy birthday my friend!! May you have many more years of health and happiness......and chocolate and stitching!
hugs,
dawn

Little Penpen said...

Your cookie bouquet is wonderful! I, too, think consumable gifts are best! what a great birthday present!

The Calico Cat said...

I love those cookie boquets! I got one when I had Jacob.

On the other hand, I have several gift candles that I only used once when we lot electricity - so I had to find spots for them - luckily I have not been gifted soaps/lotions - I generally don't care for the scents.

So there is a glitch to most plans. I want someone to pay for long arming... Now there is a gift that I can use, or cookies, cookies are good too.

Anne Heidi said...

Happy belated birthday! Your bouquet is beautiful :-)

Chookyblue...... said...

Happy birthday to you.........beautiful gift.......

Indigo Blue said...

Happy Birthday! What a very unusual present. Not seen that before. Love the lavender in your last post. One of my fav smells.

Aussie Nanna said...

Happy birthday lovely lady!
Hope you enjoy that bouquet for the rest of the week!!

Anita said...

How nice to be remember on your birthday. Happy Birthday. I didn't check email yesterday so I'm alittle behind. Enjoy your cookies.

Missie Krissie said...

Oooo... sorry I'm so late... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! And an 18 yr old son to boot! You're definitely way too young :)

Carol said...

Oooooooh happy birthday to you. What an amazing bouquet, although it would probably last just as long as flowers in this house (even less, LOL)