Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Doesn't time fly???


We celebrated another Birthday yesterday when HS turned 18. I don't quite know where the time has gone , seems like only yesterday he was born! He has grown into a wonderful young man with a wicked sense of humor. As there was no school today due to the Melbourne Cup race meet he had a group of friends over for dinner and to stay the night. It was very loud!!!!! and the amount of food and soft drink they consumed was amazing. 18 brings with it a lot of new responsibilities. He is now legally allowed to drink, vote and drive. It will still be a few weeks until he is ready to get his licence (after exams!!) Not sure that I feel old enough or ready to have an 18 year old!

6 comments:

rachelmp said...

Happy birthday HS! We are getting ready for a 16th with the Learners Permit booked (right after exams). 16 is scary .. I can't imagine 18 yet

Sylvia said...

Time certainly does fly! Mine are 24 and 28!!! That makes me really OLD!

Calidore said...

And I thought it was scary having a nearly 17 year old - I can't imagine my kids at 18. Hope the birthday boy had a fantastic day and that the exams go well with minimum stress - if that is at all possible.

Anne Heidi said...

Gratulerer med dagen! Happy birthday to you son! wow, 18, that is certainly a big step into adulthood. I hope you had a great day celebrating!
Klem.

Dawn's Daily Journal said...

Happy birthday to HS!!!
dawn

Margaret said...

While sitting and thinking of what to say my eyes spied the word I have to type to post the comment ----- Gashemo yep a good word to give when one turns 18. Gashemo HS.