Friday, April 6, 2012

A beach picnic and 'that' cheesecake!!


Today we made the trip down to Barwon Heads for a beach fish & chip picnic lunch with SH's family. I of course decided we needed something a little decadent to finish the meal!!! This month's Good Taste Magazine's cover recipe is what I decided on. It is a triple chocolate cheesecake with what seems like 20 different steps! It consists of a chocolate biscuit base then a salted caramel peanut layer then a thin layer of chocolate then a white chocolate cheesecake layer then a chocolate ganache! The recipe then has a layer of piped Italian meringue but we left that off thinking it wouldn't travel so well. A slight crisis when the caramel was a little soft and runny but we know what we did wrong and the flavors were amazing!!! There is a small amount left so I am about to have a little now to finish my day!!



Nothing better than fish and chips out of the paper!


The weather was perfect and the 'horsey' one and I even enjoyed a paddle!!!


We hit terrible storms on the way home - rain and wind, we were very glad to get home!!

7 comments:

Lorraine said...

That cheesecake looks amazing!!! Glad you made it home safe and sound......I waspleased when the weather cleared this afternoon ....the wind was terrible (I don't like the wind ...it always makes me anxious)....we didn't get any rain here...could do with some....

Cath said...

one word......Yum!

Anita said...

ooh that cheesecake looks wicked!! Looks like you had a great day!!!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow....looks so yummy, sounds like the perfect day..

Margaret said...

Fish and chips from the paper is my kind of meal ( well sometimes) in summer love to get f&c a bottle of coke and go down to Eastern Beach for tea as the sun is setting after a hot day. I will have to try the cake I suppose it is online on the Taste site. The wind was strong wasn't it. Happy that you had a great day out and even a dip.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

In the water!!Go Lise!

Karmen said...

It looks like you had the best time at the beach. That cake is awesome. I am getting a cupcake at the theater tonight just because I cannot have a piece of your beautiful cake. Karmen