Sunday, April 1, 2012

Poor sick Jim!

Jim has been poorly this weekend, complicated by the fact that SH is away for the weekend (yes his turn) and he frets when he is left. In the early hours of Saturday morning he began vomiting and trust me cleaning carpet at 1am is not high on my list of good experiences!!! When he still wasn't well later that day we took him to the vet. He was dehydrated so given an injection to stop the nausea and vomiting and we were not allowed to feed him for 24 hours, just give him a gastrolyte type drink. Today he is still a little miserable but slightly brighter. On vets instructions I have cooked up a huge pot of very bland food for him for small but frequent meals over the next few days. SH will be home any minute so I am expecting him to pick up quickly!!!

7 comments:

Cardygirl said...

Hope Jim is mending!

Lorraine said...

Oh poor boy! hope he is back to normal soon!

trash said...

Poor laddo, I hope he feels better soon. My Old Man Dog was exactly the same with CK; his life was always better when CK walked into the room.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Poor Jim...not good when our fury babies are not well Lise..

Karen said...

I am hoping by now that Jim has returned to almost normal now that SH is home again. Seriously, I wonder sometimes why we have pets but then you get a wet nose hello with a big waggy tail or a nimble fur body wrapping itself around your feet purring loudly and you know just why we have pets.
Hugs from my fur babies to yours.

Lyn said...

Poor Jim..I hope he is feeling better...it's not much fun when they are sick in the night and not their usual self..

Carol said...

Oh Jimmy!!! You poor darling, I'm late in responding. I hope he's better now. He would be feeling a bit better with the cats win today.