Sunday, April 29, 2012

A fun day out! Cupcakes and more cupcakes!!!

Yesterday I spent the day with my friend Karen. For her birthday I bought us a cupcake decorating class . It was run by Jennifer Graham from Crabapple Bakery.
When we arrived these are the sample cupcakes that greeted us!




Oh my goodness!!! What had we let ourselves in for??? They were amazing!!!!
It was a large class and we spent the first section of the class with Jennifer sharing her knowledge of baking and decorating. After this came the scary part - having a go ourselves!!! We had six cupcakes to decorate but somehow I was so bad at the 'blue' one I ended up with 8 to take home. These are mine...... I am happy with how they ended up but it was much more involved and difficult than I expected. Although I bought a piping set I am not sure just how much I will use it, I am very sure though that I will  use the pot of glitter I bought, that was definitely Karen and my favorite decoration!!!



13 comments:

carole johnston said...

How wonderful,they look fantastic,in the future everyone that gets a cup cake from you will be so full of joy..what a great gift idea.

carole johnston said...

How wonderful,they look fantastic,in the future everyone that gets a cup cake from you will be so full of joy..what a great gift idea.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lise .... what a day...they look fantastic...

Chookyblue...... said...

they look great.......practise makes perfect don't they say???

Chookyblue...... said...

they look great.......practise makes perfect don't they say???

Mistea said...

Looks like a lot of fun for dressing up food. Enjoy playing with your new toy.

Lorraine said...

they look great....would love to take a class like that...!! I am sure you will be using that piping set!!

Cardygirl said...

Wow! What a fabulous thing to do, I would love to do that class. Your look great...lots of fun!

Calidore said...

Ohh yumm. Well done both of you.

Joolz said...

I couldn't tell yours apart from the professionals! Looks like fun - what did the piping set look like? Cupcakes are one of those things that look beautiful 'en masse' - the more you make, the better they all look! Good Job, Chocolate!

Carol said...

What a fabulous gift idea, just wonderful. And yours! Oh My!!! They are works of art.

Anonymous said...

Yum Yum, they look fantastic :)

Mischief Maker said...

Wow they look great. I am trying my hand at cake pops soon. Stay tuned.