Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hook, line and sinker!

The latest issue of Homespun magazine arrived on Thursday and in between snoozes in the heat yesterday I had a quick flick through it. I have fallen in love with the first 2 blocks of their new BOM 'Life is a Celebration' to raise awareness of and support Ovarian Cancer Australia. One of the blocks is designed by Janelle Wind and the other by Leanne Beasley. Usually I will bookmark it to myself for the 'to do one day' list but this time I am going to try to make the blocks as they are released. I am going to try and get a start on them today!!!

6 comments:

Gina said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the blocks when you've done them

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Anne Heidi said...

Oh that sounds exciting! I'll be looking forward to seeing your blocks :-)

rachelmp said...

I thought it looked like a good block of the month too. I'm thinking about it

Tarnyia said...

Its ''hook line and sinker'' for me too... I had read about the BOM in other issues and thought it sounded so sweet... I woulds have like to have done the ''breast of friends'' as well but had to much going on in the sewing department... but I am going to do this one... are you going to use the ''french hatbox'' fabric's?

Annie said...

Good luck with that - I must skip out and get a copy of the latest mag

Ruth's Place said...

Haven't seen the magazine over here yet, but Janelle's work is always gorgeous. Do you read her blog?