Well this is the year of New Years Resolutions (often I don't get around to even thinking about it until about the 10th of January and doesn't seem worth it by then!!). I am hoping for a lot of changes this year so feel that I should document them (especially as this is to be a record for the future generations of my life, lets see if anything changes in the next 10 years!!!!!) Okay so in no particular order....
- I would like to stitch & quilt more. The plan is to do something each day even if it is only 1 thread or 1/2 an hour of knitting. I have a diary I want to plan ahead in and list the projects I'd like to start and more importantly finish!!
- I want to get back to reading more. In the past I would always have a book on the go and in the last 12 months think the total I read was dismal. I plan to list the books as I read them on my blog so hopefully I can feel a sense of achievement at the end of the year! Even better I already have at least 20 books I've bought but not read.
- I am not a real movie watcher!!! but I have a habit of buying DVDs that I'm sure I'd really like to see and then 12 months later they are still on the shelf in plastic!!! So I would like to watch more DVDs / movies!
- I intend to conquer the budget this year and if not save some $ at least conquer the bills and reduce our debt and even more importantly not spend so much on unnecessary things!!!!
- Look after my health a little better. Yes I'd like to lose some weight - 20k over the year is my plan, but more importantly I'd like to eat better and exercise more, enjoy the occasional foot spa and face mask and hopefully get a family member to massage me now and then!
- I want to start enjoying cooking again and trying new recipes. I have always enjoyed baking in particular but in 2009 cooking became a chore.
- Blogging is something I really enjoy. I have made a lot of 'friends' in the blogging world and found a lot of inspiration. I love the thought too that I am documenting my life for the future (who knows maybe some family member may be interested in 50 years time!!) I plan to post more regularly this year, short and sweet but frequent may become my guidelines!!
- I would like to be more organised this year, not only just make it. I intend getting back into the habit of planning our menu for the week (which saves time and $) and also having a weekly family planner on the fridge each week so everyone should know where everyone is! I plan to declutter and not hoard (oh this is going to be SO hard!), clean , iron and deal with paperwork regularly not when it all threatens to overtake!!
- I plan to take the time to drop a note or pick up the phone to say hi to one of my dear friends. The time goes quickly and we do not know what is around the corner. My friends are important to me and I plan to tell them this.
- Taking time to 'smell the roses' and have a bit of 'me' time is high on the list this year. I am not superwoman and I need to give myself permission to stop and read the paper, enjoy a coffee or even a 10 minute nanna nap occasionally.
Written down these look quite overwhelming but at least I have a plan and can take baby steps. I'll be sure to share how I go!!! The most important statement I need to remember is
Don't put off for tomorrow what can be done today!!!