Friday, April 29, 2011

Baking and tiaras!


HS has been asking us for 'months' (in his world anyway) to make him a carrot cake along with other things so on Easter Tuesday we tried a new recipe. It is delicious. Carrot cake is not my favorite but I loved this one. Of course the boys thought it could be improved - one thought it needed more fruit etc and the other less but I thought it was just right and the cream cheese icing with orange juice and zest in it - Yum!
Tonight I am planning to sit and watch the Royal Wedding and ooh and aah. With so many bad things happening in the world and always on our news it will be nice to watch and enjoy something 'nice'! Anyone else joining me??

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure if I'll be joining you. Might record it and watch it later. DH won't be up for it! ;)

Calidore said...

Sounds like I had better come to your house. No one here (apart from me) wants to watch it. Plus there is a mini series I have been watching on and it's the final episode. Ahh decisions, decisions...vbg.

Andrea said...

I just watched 5 hours of it (a huge effort seeing as I hate TV) and thoroughly enjoyed it all. I was the only one out of 4 of us although Jason came to see the flypast at the end. Hope you enjoyed it too xx

Ally Jay said...

it was very beautiful.

Indigo Blue said...

I watched all of it and so did Sophie who asked lots of questions. I also agree about having something happy to talk about for a change as well. Lets hope that the media treats them kindly in the future.
x

Sheryl said...

I too sat on my own and enjoyed every minute of the wedding, it was beautiful.
Would you be interested in sharing your carrot cake recipe, I am not a big fan but if I could find a good recipe then I may change my mind.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Yum, love carrot cake, I loved the royal wedding, did you?? And I have always been keen to visit that open house, one year!!