Friday, April 15, 2011

Frock shopping...

5.30am The 'horsey' one and I headed off to the big smoke to buy a frock for her to wear to the school dinner dance which is coming up. On the way we collected Mum and arrived at the shopping centre just after 9 for what was going to be a very long day!

Coffee No. 1 - so needed! and the fuel required to hit the first shop. 7 dresses tried on 0 bought.....



Second shop, lots of looking, tried on 2 dresses, bought 1 - hurray!!! (by this stage I didn't really care that the dress was a little more than budget or a little short, decided if Nan thought the length was okay I was worrying for nothing!)

Now for shoes!

1 shop , 2 pair of shoes and jewellery........

Lunch, all fueled up for new runners and a mouthguard!



Everything ticked off the 'horsey' one's list, time for afternoon tea at Max Brenner (a chocolate cafe) and then head for home.

The 'horsey' one had a chocolate explosion shot, basically a pot of melted chocolate with popping candy and white chocolate buttons!! and a few gummy bears on the side!



My banana split sundae was so good! I have been having serious 'banana' withdrawals! (after the floods and cyclone in QLD earlier in the year bananas in Australia are now in short supply and very very expensive)






Home again in the dark with one happy girl and my nomination for 'mother of the year' cemented!!!

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Well done Mum, you are the best,
Lovely dress soon she will be all grown up.

carole johnston said...

Gee that post bought back memories of shopping with my girl, now she is 39 and when I visit and she sugests dress shopping I break out in a sweat, and it is no quicker now than it was then lol sweet revenge Olivia is now 8 and is giving mum Karma and I just sit back and smile..I would do it all again in a flash though .....

Indigo Blue said...

Lovely colour! I love shopping with Sophie and the fact that she likes me going with her. Will it last? I hope so.

Anonymous said...

Lovely! That's awesome that you had such a successful day together!!