Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Baking...

I am so happy it is Easter! I finished work at midday today and have 5 glorious days off. There are so many things to love about Easter. I love spending time reflecting on the reason for it. It is also a time we spend time with family and friends. I always partake in too much chocolate but for some reason Easter eggs taste so much better than normal chocolate! And I love Easter baking!!! This morning I made a batch of chocolate cupcakes to take to work to share with everyone. This afternoon I have made another batch as well as a chocolate caramel brownie. I bought the icing Easter decorations on the cupcakes as much as I'd like to pretend I made them!!! I have also got a tuna mornay in the oven for dinner with a bit of a retro feel about it, I have put 'french fries' (not the hot ones) on top with the grated cheese over them - does anyone else remember doing something similar in the 70's?? Still a batch of bunny biscuits to go tonight although I am running out of steam. We are off to Geelong tomorrow to have a picnic at the beach with all of SH's family. To make it easier we are all going to have fish and chips but I will take our baking down to go with our after lunch cuppa. I think we may end up at my S-I-L's as the weather is not looking good at all, very wintery!!!
Wishing everyone a blessed and happy Easter filled with love, family, fun and a little chocolate!



4 comments:

Cardygirl said...

Great baking...hope you have a lovely day! The word verification is easter themed...hopilil!

Brandie said...

Yum, Yum! I haven't even thought about Easter yet.My oven is broken, in fact we are going to look a news ones this weekend. Than I can get back to baking.
Enjoy your weekend!

Calidore said...

Enjoy your Easter and your days off. The baking looks fabulous anytime you want to do some for me pop over...vbg.

Joolz said...

You have been busy! Can't say I've heard of putting those french fries chips on top of a mornay before but it does sound good! Enjoy your easter weekend,

Joolz