Saturday, August 6, 2011

Polka dots!


Just a few weeks ago Lisa from 'A Spoonful of Sugar' posted a recipe for Mandarin Marmalade. Both SH and I are keen to test it out with some of the lovely mandarins we are buying at the moment. I had also seen on Lisa's blog that she had some very cute jar lids and was sure the marmalade would taste much better in pretty jars!!! My order from Lark arrived yesterday, a lovely parcel in a crazy week. I just 'had' to buy some red with white spots lids and some pale blue with spots. I also picked up some red with white polka dot doileys. I could of bought a lot more and am sure this will not be my last order!!!

My darling HS is still in hospital and won't be coming home now until after his next surgery on Monday. The swelling and pain are still problems that need to be controlled for the surgery to go ahead. The surgeon on call today 'attacked' the plaster with a saw so it is a little more comfortable!

7 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

poor little darling looks miserable......goodluck for Monday....

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Marmadale definitely tastes better in polka dot jars :-)

At least your son is in the right place! Hope that everything goes smoothly for the surgery on Monday.

Take care.

Mistea said...

Pretty lids are just the thing for yummy home made preserves.
Hope all goes well and the surgery is successful Monday - sure looks like an uncomfortable pose!

Anne Heidi said...

Oh the poor boy- he doesn't look happy at all :-( Hope surgery goes well on Monday!
Klem

Brandie said...

Poor boy! Girls are far less accident prone, but we love our boys so much! Silly boys, they make us old too fast. Glad to hear things are a little better.

Anonymous said...

Poor boy! In my house it was the girl (me!) that got all the broken bones. So far with my kids is the girl!! Hope all went well today with the surgeon!

Anonymous said...

love those polka dot jars and covers so cute and hope your son gets better soon.