Friday, August 5, 2011

Update!

Well it didn't all go according to plan yesterday!! The pain kicked in the night before and they were having trouble controlling it. I sat with him (which he thought was weird, I told him its what Mums do!) until he finally went to theatre about midday, he was a LONG time in recovery but that was also a pain issue. The joint kept slipping out again, even in plaster, so it wasn't a successful reduction. He stayed in again last night(but was moved to a private room which helped him rest)so they could try and control the pain and reduce the swelling which has become an issue. Not sure he will have got a lot of sleep with his arm suspended on a hook above him!! Hopefully he will come home today for the weekend if I can get the right equipment for him to hang off and he will have more surgery with the visiting orthopedic surgeon on Monday to have it plated and screwed. I am not working this morning, have cancelled my planned coffee date and will head back to the hospital early so I catch the doctors rounds. I have his room all ready with fresh sheets although will have to swing past the supermarket and buy more pillows to prop his arm on. Unfortunately I am working this afternoon, that is another drama all in itself at the moment!!! Short of staff and covering sick leave, annual leave and carers leave is hard work!

6 comments:

Anne Heidi said...

Oh how awful- I hope he'll be in less pain soon!

Sharon said...

I've said a quick prayer for you all. Hope things are better very soon.

Anonymous said...

Awww..... poor big boy of yours. We are thinking of him... hope that he comes home today and that you're able to sort out the pain. Thinking of you all... never stop being a mum, hey!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Hope he makes a speedy recovery and that he can spend the weekend at home.

Brandie said...

Oh, take care! Wishing you all the best of luck...

Carol said...

Oh no, this is what comes from playing catch up, I spoke too soon in the last post. I do hope things go well. My oldest stepson had a plate/screw in his arm when he had the motor bike accident, he's made a full recovery, so keep the faith.