Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Some stitching and a deadline.......

A slightly lighter post than yesterdays!! I thought it was about time to talk about some quilting / stitching which my blog has not had much of recently. It is time to make a list and get into some routine. The stupid thing is I find it so relaxing when I actually settle to it but on my really busy days (which are in reality no busier than anyone else's) I find a million other things that need to be done first and then I go to bed!!
Okay so the list stands at the moment :
1/ The cupcake and tea swap - the deadline is looming so this is a priority but I worry I have bitten off more than I can chew. I so wanted to make the absolute perfect thing instead of sticking to the K.I.S.S. theory that it took weeks before I even decided on something. Anyway that will be all I work on this week and will post photos very soon.....
2/ Noah's Ark B.O.M from Lynette Anderson, I have tried so hard to keep up to date with this - unlike most things!! but I am now 2 blocks behind, the kangaroos and the elephants. The plan is to finish them before she releases the next pair. They are so lovely and quick that really it's just a matter of setting aside a night each. By the way do you think it's rude to stitch at a school info meeting??? Yes I guess so!
3/ A redwork christmas stitching - that I was given by a church craft group I attended in Canberra when I left. It is almost 4 years now! I love picking this up and it really has so little work left in it that I would like to get it finished. Soon!
4/ Simple pleasures quilt from the cyber stitching day - I have 1 block finished! Pathetic, 11 to go!
5/ The 'Golf' quilt - there is a huge story behind this which I will post when you see the finished article. I would just like to get it done...
6/ The 'socks', it will be summer before I finish them and to all the other family members who have requested some it may be a very very long wait!
Okay so these are the 6 most urgent finishes as of today, I have a lot of other started but not yet finished projects and I have lots and lots of projects I have the fabric and patterns for but haven't yet started and I have millions of things I'd like to try one day so I better get moving!!
oops - I forgot the angel story quilt (sorry Stina) , it will have to be number 7, there we go one for every day of the week ( Ruth's theory may work yet!).
I will report any progress tomorrow........but maybe just maybe you shouldn't hold your breath!

4 comments:

Jane said...

Doesn't this all sound so familiar, lists of things to finish and try. It will be well worth the effort and they will look lovely. There is such a sense of accomplishment when they are done

Tanya said...

Glad to hear that Jessie-Jo is better. Wow! Better get on with your list! I vote for the stitcheries first!

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey! Just popped in from Stina's blog for a visit. Your list sounds like mine - though I've also signed up for a bag challenge and another challenge pack (lots of goodies that have to be turned into 'something'!) AND have lots of birthdays coming up!! Like you, I wonder how I get myself into this mess every time!! So many yummy craft projects, so little time and play money! Tee! Hee! Hee! Hope your 'baby' Jessie-Jo continues to feel better. Bear Hugs! KRIS (Tag Along Teddies)

Carol said...

So many projects, so little time, your list is exhausting. Good luck with it.