Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Some stitching and a deadline.......

A slightly lighter post than yesterdays!! I thought it was about time to talk about some quilting / stitching which my blog has not had much of recently. It is time to make a list and get into some routine. The stupid thing is I find it so relaxing when I actually settle to it but on my really busy days (which are in reality no busier than anyone else's) I find a million other things that need to be done first and then I go to bed!!
Okay so the list stands at the moment :
1/ The cupcake and tea swap - the deadline is looming so this is a priority but I worry I have bitten off more than I can chew. I so wanted to make the absolute perfect thing instead of sticking to the K.I.S.S. theory that it took weeks before I even decided on something. Anyway that will be all I work on this week and will post photos very soon.....
2/ Noah's Ark B.O.M from Lynette Anderson, I have tried so hard to keep up to date with this - unlike most things!! but I am now 2 blocks behind, the kangaroos and the elephants. The plan is to finish them before she releases the next pair. They are so lovely and quick that really it's just a matter of setting aside a night each. By the way do you think it's rude to stitch at a school info meeting??? Yes I guess so!
3/ A redwork christmas stitching - that I was given by a church craft group I attended in Canberra when I left. It is almost 4 years now! I love picking this up and it really has so little work left in it that I would like to get it finished. Soon!
4/ Simple pleasures quilt from the cyber stitching day - I have 1 block finished! Pathetic, 11 to go!
5/ The 'Golf' quilt - there is a huge story behind this which I will post when you see the finished article. I would just like to get it done...
6/ The 'socks', it will be summer before I finish them and to all the other family members who have requested some it may be a very very long wait!
Okay so these are the 6 most urgent finishes as of today, I have a lot of other started but not yet finished projects and I have lots and lots of projects I have the fabric and patterns for but haven't yet started and I have millions of things I'd like to try one day so I better get moving!!
oops - I forgot the angel story quilt (sorry Stina) , it will have to be number 7, there we go one for every day of the week ( Ruth's theory may work yet!).
I will report any progress tomorrow........but maybe just maybe you shouldn't hold your breath!

4 comments:

Miss 376 said...

Doesn't this all sound so familiar, lists of things to finish and try. It will be well worth the effort and they will look lovely. There is such a sense of accomplishment when they are done

Tanya said...

Glad to hear that Jessie-Jo is better. Wow! Better get on with your list! I vote for the stitcheries first!

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey! Just popped in from Stina's blog for a visit. Your list sounds like mine - though I've also signed up for a bag challenge and another challenge pack (lots of goodies that have to be turned into 'something'!) AND have lots of birthdays coming up!! Like you, I wonder how I get myself into this mess every time!! So many yummy craft projects, so little time and play money! Tee! Hee! Hee! Hope your 'baby' Jessie-Jo continues to feel better. Bear Hugs! KRIS (Tag Along Teddies)

Carol said...

So many projects, so little time, your list is exhausting. Good luck with it.