Thursday, July 3, 2008

Stitching update!

As I mentioned yesterday I am trying to work on one project each day and therefore make some headway , works for others (thanks Ruth) so have decided it is worth a try. So far this week I have worked on my sock knitting, my golf quilt (there is a very long story behind this which you shall hear if it is ever finished), my angel quilt ( a new beginning - am I mad?) and last night was my Noahs ark Block of the month which Lynette Anderson very generously posts free. I have really enjoyed this and although I am not as quick as others churning them out I have really slowed down on the cows block so appreciated sitting and working on it last night. It was an evening I would of otherwise attempted to read the paper while watching tv and instead snoozed in the chair!! Why am I telling you this?? well I've decided if I do you will hold me accountable and I may not be able to slip back into lazy, bad habits quite as quickly!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi CC and thanks for coming by my new blog! Thank you for the welcome. I really am having fun and it'll be one week tomorrow that I've been in Blogland! You live in Australia! How marvelous. My husband and I were in Sydny back in the early 80s and we just loved it. The people were so very nice and friendly. So you're a quilter? My mother quilts and has made us quite a few. I really don't quilt altho I've helped her a few times. Come see me again and thank you for the welcome.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Victoria said...

I get tired reading about all you do accomplish! All your projects are so beautiful!

Tanya said...

I've got to get moving on my Noah's Ark blocks too. I ought to commit to making that quilt, but I still think of it as a "do it and see if I will continue" project.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

I'm tired just thinking about all that!!
You sound like your house is very girly at present, lucky boy going to Hong Kong, but is he big enough??? I remember that cute little fellow I taught at School....he can't go on a plane!!
And one day i hope my lost package from dawn comes...sniff...lucky thing, noone disappeared yours! Tracey

Carol said...

So many projects so little time. I know the feeling well !

Little Penpen said...

Wonderful that you can work on something every day. Someone else told me the same thing... pick up "something" every day, if just for a few minutes, and you will get it done. I have always thought I would like a job that give me a whole hour for lunch (I currently get 30 min) and I could sneak off and stitch!

Ruth's Place said...

Glad to see my days of the week thing spreading! lol