Saturday, August 7, 2010

Proof!



I know these are really bad photos, I had a lot of trouble getting them any clearer but I wanted to prove there has been some stitching happening!!!! I have spent the day working at the boarding house and managed to stitch while I talked to the girls. It is a Fairy 'Princess Diary' pattern by Brenda Ryan which is supposed to be made into a pillow. As I am doing it for my niece in the UK I think I will put mine on a bag instead which will be a little more postal friendly. I am using a 'Cottage Garden' thread in Tulip and doing it all in the one variegated thread. I am really happy with how it is growing and am actually itching to pick it up again. I will be spending quite a few hours in the car tomorrow so have my knitting ready ( I can't stitch in the car!)

(Both this pattern and the Cottage Garden threads are available to purchase at www.orangedaisy.com.au)

5 comments:

Little Penpen said...

very cute...love the variegated thread.

Anonymous said...

Looks really cute! You could always just make the cushion cover... and then they could get the insert over there!

Mistea said...

The colours are perfect for this stitchy number.
Knitting is great for on the go!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Looks very sweet!! I have heard some great reports about the cottage garden threads. The colours in yours are stunning.

Carol said...

I do so admire your stitching, I'm not one for embroidery like this but it's just oh so beautiful.