Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Bargain!

Well I'm feeling a little better and was back at work yesterday! Still not 100% though! Had to go to the supermarket on the way home from work and it was not a chore I was looking forward to. However I found a 'bargain'!! A whole display of boxes of Lindt chocolates for only $1.00 each!! Oh my goodness, it was like christmas......I LOVE chocolate and Lindt would have to be a favorite. They are not out of date until the end of June. I grabbed 3 boxes then went back and got a few more and then a few more and think I came home with 12 in the end and today I'm regretting not getting more. I gave 2 boxes to my supervisors at work today to say thanks for their support and friendship and 1 to the family where 'the horsey one' keeps her horse. I've planned to thank a few teachers who have been particularly good to HS while he has been on crutches and also spoil my Mum on her birthday with some chocolates!! It is so nice to be able to share a bargain like this around!! I will confess now that I have earmarked just a box or 2 for my own consumption!!!! (Did I remember to say they are large boxes!?)















Mum received her invite to her 70th birthday lunch in the mail yesterday and was thrilled with it. Thank goodness! (not sure what I was going to do if she didn't like it!!). I made them on the weekend and was really pleased with the finished product. A bit hard to see in this photo but the patterned paper is blues and gold and mounted on a matte gold card. I have then printed on transparent paper and fixed it with a blue heart pin.













At work on a Wednesday each department takes it in turn to provide morning tea. The gold coin donations are then donated to various charities. Of course it was our turn today! I like to make an effort but must admit it was almost chocolate biscuits bought on the way to work today!! Instead I tried a new recipe (also not a good idea when on a tight timeframe - although it paid off today!) and made a 'Ginger Pear Cake'. It was a huge success and I have already promised the recipe tomorrow. Great cake for a gathering as it is quite big and even better nice and easy!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I'll definitely have to keep with the name "Choccy" after this episode, lol!!

Your cake looks great and so does the invite for your mom. Gorgeous!

Chookyblue...... said...

did I do anything you need to thank me for...............lol.........actually dh came home with some from the big town the other day.........

Dawn's Daily Journal said...

Yum!! A day filled with chocolates and some cake!! That is my idea of one great day. :) Glad you're feeling better!
dawn

Tanya said...

The cake looks delicious! Looking forward to the recipe. Wish I was drinking coffee and eating chocolate with you!

Ruth's Place said...

What a great score with the chocolates!! The cake does look lovely.

Carol said...

NO WAY!!!! What a score with the chocolates. I thought I hit pay dirt once when I could get Lindt boxes at half price and bought up for gifts, but you wear the crown for super shopper of the year I think.

The cake looks absolutely delish.

Carol said...

Oh and I knew there was something else I wanted to comment on. The invitation looks like it has turned out beautifully.

Little Penpen said...

yum, the cake looks delicious. You'll have to share the recipe with us. Also, good going on all that chocolate!!!