Friday, May 9, 2008

Looking, looking, looking..................

If it is a normal week (and hurray it is!) I finish work at midday on a Thursday. I find this particularly handy to run around and pay bills, do any bits and bots in town that need doing. Yesterday however I had an appointment and a challenge! The appointment was for my first 'breastscreen'. A mobile service visits our area for 2 months every two years and the screens are offered free for any woman over 40. The last time they were here I was too young!!!!!!!!!! It was very quick and uncomfortable but not painful. They are recommended every 2 years particularly for women over 50.
The challenge was not so easy. I needed to find a new outfit to wear to a special lunch on Saturday to celebrate my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary. Yes ,this Saturday! I honestly do not have anything appropriate in the wardrobe. I am hardwearing on clothes and like so many mothers out there I am the bottom of the chain when it comes to purchasing new things. My other problem is that I am not at all realistic about being overweight with lumps and bumps everywhere! This is usually when I have a huge reality crisis, decide to go on a health / fitness campaign and then realise there is no hope of it working in 2 days so I have to find something to wear and fast!! I usually resort to chocolate at about this point..... Anyway I brought home a skirt........and a vest and skivvy for with my jeans during winter ...........but no shirt and no shoes. Guess what I'm doing today??? As I was waking I remembered a shirt I saw yesterday that may work so thats where I'll start.
On the craft side of things there is none to report - again! I set myself up last night with the light over me and everything within reach (SH was not home), 'Kitty' jumped on my lap and promptly fell asleep and I joined him within seconds and not intentionally. That is how SH found us when he got home!!

2 comments:

Dawn's Daily Journal said...

You are my hero for having the screening done!! Good for you!!! I also love that when you can't find anything to wear...you reach for the chocolate....woman after my own heart!!!! :)
Don't you just love when your kitty crawls up in your lap to take a little snooze?? Ours does that and I fall asleep with him every time!
Have a great day!!
dawn

Carol said...

Well done for getting the screening done. Did you end up getting your outfit? Nothing like a bit of pressure huh?