Tuesday, May 6, 2008

This posting every day business means I need to look back at my day to see if anything of note actually happened!! After work I managed to change all the sheets on the beds, nothing special about that although I love sleeping in fresh sheets. While doing that I cleaned up 'Handsome Son's' bedroom making the excuse to myself that he couldn't do it while on crutches!! I then read the riot act to the other two to please do some cleaning up themselves. 'HS' had an awful lot of homework last night but he has taken after his parents and leaves it till the last moment. Of course I will not be admitting that to him that I was the same at his age!! Think he still needs to get up this morning and write an english essay......and I thought the terrible twos were bad! I headed off to bed earlyish last night to read the paper and watch Desperate Housewives (I have already confessed on this blog to having somewhat dubious taste in television!), this way 'SH' could watch what he wanted on the other tv. I think it was a bright idea of mine to tape the show while watching because I think I saw about 5 minutes if I was lucky before my peepers shut!!!!!!

Any advice gratefully received..... apparently if I am leaving a comment on someone else's blog I am coming up as 'no reply'. This is not on purpose! I have tried tweaking my settings.... any ideas???

I had a few requests for the Anzac biscuit recipe I wrote about a few posts ago so here it is. There is probably a similar recipe with a different name in most countries. It is very easy and yummy.
ANZAC BISCUITS
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup plain (all purpose) flour
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
2 tablespoons golden syrup
125g (4oz) butter
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (baking soda)
1 tablespoon hot water
Preheat the oven to 160'C (325'F). Place the oats, flour, sugar, and coconut in a bowl. Place the golden syrup and butter in a saucepan over low heat and allow to melt. Mix the bicarbonate of soda with the water and add to the butter mixture. Pour the butter mixture into the dry ingredients and mix well.
Place tablespoonfuls of the mixture on baking trays lined with non-stick baking paper, allowing room for the biscuits to spread, and flatten slightly. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Cool on wire racks. Makes 22.

5 comments:

Dawn's Daily Journal said...

I'm with you.....only I keep looking back over the last couple of days, shudder, and then decided I really shouldn't write about any of that. hahahahahahaha
Have a great day!
dawn

Lisa said...

I am glad to hear, too, that I am not the only one nagging the kids to clean their rooms.
as for leaving your email on the comments, try going to 'edit profile' and about 3 items down you can check something like show email address. that might be the ticket. I am not sure what I did to enable my email addy on my comments to others. Does it show up on yours?

Anonymous said...

NICE Blog :)

Victoria said...

Fresh sheets are simply luxurious to the skin! I need to do the round of all the beds this week! I had fun catching up on your activites and the ANZAC biscuits sound yummy!

Country Girl said...

Oh, I can totally relate to having nothing to say when you're posting every day! (Not that you are saying nothing).

About 3/4 of the time, I honestly have nothing to say. And the other 1/4 of the time, I get lucky, I guess.