Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Problem fixed I think!


Yes, I think my problem of 'no reply' when leaving comments on other blogs is now fixed, thanks to all the advice I received , especially from 'upstate Lisa'. Please let me know if in fact it's not and I might give up right now!!!

Didn't have to work yesterday and after the magic hour when my colleagues would both of started their day I stopped avoiding the telephone and enjoyed my day. I was so sure that one or both of them would be sick and I would be called in. Didn't cross much off my list of things that had to be done and didn't get ANY sewing done (that was no. 1) but did make 'milo muffins' in time for school lunches (a favorite in this house), did make all the beds in the am, did some ironing (but the remainder of the pile is threatening to take over the house), did watch the end of a crappy reality show I'd taped that the rest of the family had no interest in and I did do some blog reading while doing some internet banking!! I was able to catch up with a friend for a coffee. Her children are in the same classes as mine at school and as she has a daughter in my son's year she often lets me know what projects etc are on the go and as my daughter is in her son's year I do the same there. Girls are so much more ready to talk!!! We try to catch up about once a fortnight but it rarely happens that frequently. I made a quick dash into a shop I generally only visit if I need something for a bit of a browse around. It is a bit of a discount shop that sells absolutely everything but if you find something good you need to buy it straight away, it will never be seen again. They do have great storage boxes and I picked up some lovely ones. Could of bought more but decided I shouldn't go overboard. Have plans for the black and white ones but the others I know I'll use at some stage and I just needed them! I did manage to get the groceries done so there is actually food in the house (for a short time with teenagers) and last night was declared the 'best mother in the world!' for buying 'cookies and cream icecream'. Oh if mothering was that easy!!!! I will remember this for future bribing power though. I tried a new recipe for dinner , creamy chicken pesto gnocchi, which was declared a success so a good day all round. It is here I will confess 'SH' does most of the cooking and my meals are not generally enjoyed like his!!!

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

prob fixed........hope so.........leave me a comment and I will let you know.........but don't give up..lol.......enjoying your blog........

Carol said...

Oh I love storage boxes, you have some beautiful ones there. As for the milo muffins, yummo, that sounds sensational. Any chance of posting a recipe?