Friday, May 30, 2008

Escapees............................







Yesterday morning while going quietly about my routine I heard a noise! familiar but not one I really wanted to hear from just behind my closed curtains! Oh no there were escapees - again!!


Thelma, Louise, Peep, Henny, Ping and Pong have a lovely residence at the back of our block but for some reason always think the grass is greener on the other side!! and spend all their time (instead of laying eggs) planning breakouts assisted by Jess !


I think the girls need a warning ! stay in your yard, and start laying or risk being replaced!!!

6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

love the chooks.........what sort are they.........send them to my place when you want to get rid of them.....

Carol said...

You can just imagine the clucking in the hen house.... we're gonna make a run for it, are you in? te he.

Mad about Craft said...

It's shame hens can't be put on leads!!

Victoria said...

This story makes me think of the movie "Chicken Run". Silly little hens!

The Naturalist's Daughter said...

Love the chooks, their names are great ! Hope they don't do this to often.

Helz said...

My Gorgeous Sussex Girls got to go live with my Mum as DD did not believe they were laying... Only Pullets back then maybe I can carefully smuggle them back in...... Miss Them Terribly! Are your ducks Indian Runners?