Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Hump day!

Well today is officially 'hump day' or Wednesday - the middle of the week!! I'm working extra days this week as someone is on leave and I'm already hanging out for the weekend. Think such a busy week last week took it out of me and I haven't caught up yet. The kids start school holidays for two weeks on Friday, they are so looking forward to it!

No actual stitching last night ( I sound like a broken record) but I am starting to do the panic that I haven't started my 'Secret Santa Christmas Swap' yet when on other blogs people have finished them and have them wrapped ready to post - HELP! So I started looking in my huge pile of magazines (research aids) for inspiration and think I have come up with some ideas...but I need advice... should it be a christmas themed item or not?????

I'll leave you with an updated 'Jimmy' photo. He is growing so quickly and we are now a little worried just how big he is going to end up. He has huge paws and very long legs! We had finally had success with toilet training, things were really looking up, until the stormy weather - think we are back to square one now! He is starting to learn some manners and is just such a joy.

4 comments:

Calidore said...

If it helps, and it probably doesn't...vbg, my swap pressies are made in fabric that can be used all year round but then I added extra "stuff" that was Christmassy. I figured that way I covered all the bases...lol.
Know the feeling about the hump week. My kids start Hols on Friday - groan. Good thing there are plenty of weeds/gardening to keep them/me occupied....roflmol.

Linda Lilly Cottage said...

Oh I so get you!! I agree that magazines are research aids and by the amount in my house we are research central!! I can not get rid of them ( even with impending garage sale) as you never know when you might need them!
My children also start holidays on Friday ( I live in Queensland) and what to they want to do...besides the usual, movies, friends etc?? They want me to teach them to stitch!! Which is fantastic but I think I shall right off any attempt I have of getting any stitching work done!
Have a great day, kiss noises Linda Lilly Cottage.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

I'm like you with the SSCS...and don't you just love "hump day"...Jimmy is a cutie...

Mad about Craft said...

Same position with the SSCS so don't worry, we'll do it!!! - probably the day before they are due, knowing my luck!!!

Good looking pup!