Friday, September 19, 2008

Warm and fuzzy feelings.....


Well last night was another evening without stitching but it certainly had its own rewards by the end of it. The 'horsey' one and I attended the school's annual netball dinner for the end of the season. The school enters many (11 this year) teams in the local competition ranging from U11 to U18. The 'horsey' one has only been playing for a few seasons and although she loves it and is extremely enthusiastic about it her success has been varied. This last season her team made it to the finals and although didn't progress any further was very pleased with how they went. Last night the 'horsey' one was recognised with the coaches trophy so a very proud mother here!!! I was team manager for the season which actually sounds a far more important job than it actually was!! It meant I had to be there each week to score, to coach if necessary and generally be a contact person. The two young girls coaching the team presented me with a bunch of flowers to say thank you and then the team itself presented me with another bunch! I came home feeling very appreciated and warm and fuzzy inside!




I have my Sunday morning sleep-in all organised!! ( yes I do realise thats a few days away!). While running around yesterday afternoon doing jobs I found the latest copy of my favorite mag 'Homespun', the next favorite 'Quilters Companion' which came with a free!! DVD, and my favorite food mag to try and get some inspiration for dinners. If I don't think about what I have to achieve between now and then............................

5 comments:

Mad about Craft said...

Ohhhhh aren't warm & fuzzy feelings just great?

Enjoy your lie in!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

It is always nice to be appreciated! Your weekend reading looks great!

Carol said...

How absolutely wonderful, it does give you a warm feeling when you realize that what you've done has been valued and appreciated. Good for you.

Ruth's Place said...

Enjoy your lie in. I had one this morning, but I just slept *vbg* yours looks like much more fun!

Congrats to the horsey one, as well.

Victoria said...

Congratulations to her on the Coaches' trophy! The flowers are lovely, too! What a grand pair you two make! :)