Saturday, January 14, 2012

Ahhhhhhhh

Well my family were horrified
a) when I took this photo and
b) when they realised I intended blogging it!
Apparently it is weird, inappropriate and just downright wrong and they want to make sure you know they told me that and I went ahead and did it! Well it might not be what you would normally post but I have never pretended to be normal!!
Yesterday (before things went pear shaped) we headed off to Ballarat, Mum, the 'horsey' one and myself for an orthodontist appointment for the 'horsey' one. While there we had a visit to Officeworks to get all the stationary required for year 12 - a lot!!! Gosh that store is so much fun!! and they have so many cool things there ( now it sounds like I don't get out much!)....anyway then we flew into Big W (one of my other favorite stores!) where I was able to make this purchase! An ahh bra - as advertised on tv!!! A friend of mine , not the sort that would either buy from tv or visit a store like Big W was home sick last year and purchased not 1, not 2 but 3 of these bras over the phone and says she has never worn anything more comfortable in her life! As she is also the one to recommend Victoria Secrets to me when we visited the States I tend to take her advice very seriously. When I heard they were now available instore I had to try one. Stay tuned for the review after this week....................


Further to HS , back to the Dr this morning and he has shattered his middle knuckle on his right hand. Best case scenario he is not returning to work from holidays on Monday as planned and will wear the plaster put on for 2 weeks , worst case the orthopedic surgeon which the Dr will consult on Monday will want to see him or do something with it. This would in fact be the same surgeon that we became familiar with back in August and as nice as he is I would be happy not to make his acquaintance again!!!!
Grrrr...................................

16 comments:

carole johnston said...

I do not have an ahh Bra but several people i know do and they love s them...sorry about the hand what a blow.my code word was "fractos "lol

Karen said...

I will wait for your assessment of the ahhhh bra. I am curious myself if they are as good as they say.
Keeping fingers crossed that surgery is not required.
Do we dare ask just how the middle knuckle got shattered in the first place.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

The knuckle..what a bad spot...can't wait to hear about the Ahh Bra...

Brandie said...

Oh my! What a post. Bras and broken bones. Not sure what's worse.
Again, BOYS!

Anonymous said...

It is interesting to hear that you can buy the ahhbra in stores cos I am not one to buy from the tv either. I shall have to look in Big W next time I am near one. And from at least one reader of your blog "thank you for sharing"

Calidore said...

How on earth did he break his middle knuckle??? Have you considered wrapping him in plastic wrap?? Will be thinking of you both.

Little Penpen said...

I've heard about the ahh Bra, too. Someone I know swears by them, too... especially for just around the house when you would like to go bra-less, but don't want unexpected company to catch you that way! ha ha

Bernard said...

"Ahhbra cadabra!"
Sounds like magic to me. :)
A bit from Tommy Cooper?

Lorraine said...

I love that your family were horrified you were going to posh about the ahhhh bra! Will be looking forward to your review of it. Hope the knuckle doesn't require too much extra repair work on it.....how did he manage to shatter it?

Cardygirl said...

Hope the hand is okay...thinking of you!

Margaret said...

Girls are girls and boys are boys shattered bones is boy business and we need a bit of an uplift.

Shari said...

I've been thinking about one of those bras and am glad to hear they have them at Big W. Let us know how you go. And tell your family that intelligent women share this sort of thing with other women - it's secret women's business and they should just look away... ha ha.

Kimonos and Sushi(OLD BLOG) said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh Braaaaaa will await you verdict on this garment... the knuckle sounds very painful. Yr 12 the dreaded booklist and supplies...I anm lucky the school does a list and I just tick what uis required....Officeworks is a great shop

Joolz said...

I bought an Ahh Bra to fit 'my size' and OMG, it squished me in all the wrong places - hideous!. I gave it Bri who is a very petite size 8 and she loves it - although she only wears it at home under her jammie tops. She said it is really comfy but not supportive enough (she is quite busty!).

Annie said...

I want one!

Floss said...

LOL, I could see my DH flipping out if he saw me thaking photo of a new bra to blog about. Thanks for sharing.