Thursday, January 5, 2012

A labor of love.....

I have spent the last hour or so completing a labor of love for the 'horsey' one. This morning when I picked her up after riding Henry I was informed that he had destroyed his cotton rug overnight and we would need to fix it!!!! What a challenge! I pulled out the cheap machine bought specifically for this purpose (but hardly used) and set to task. I had to patch and reinforce and finish off with hand sewing. It is done, she is happy but I hope it is a while before I have to repeat the experience. At one stage I asked whether we could just buy a new rug!!! I put it in the same category as covering school books!!!!!! Do you think I am in line for 'Mother of the year'????????????????????????
The craft project I worked on today is a Nursery Rhyme applique quilt. It has sat there so long that the visofix had separated!!! A trip down the street for more kept me going. Shame I didn't buy as much as I needed!!!
While getting a few things out of my loosely termed 'craft' area I found a few things that caused me a little concern. I found a cardboard box that when I opened up had a whole lot of patterns and fabrics in it that I had forgotten all about! There was the fat quarter set of Prairie Paisley (take 1) and surprise surprise some yardage in it as well which I had no idea at all that I had. I had actually planned to get some yardage of Prairie Paisley 2 to be able to begin a project this year!! No need now!
I also found this basket with lots of rural jardin charm squares cut into all different size and shapes. I vaguely remember cutting to try a pattern but as to what or where I would find it???? I think I will just sew them together into a table runner or blocks to put into some project. 
This has proved I really need to get some order happening this year, lucky the mojo has returned! 

2 comments:

Calidore said...

Your Mojo has returned!!! Don't you just love it when you find the fabric but not the pattern.....not! The second plan sounds good though - tablerunners are always useful...vbg. I'm with you though - I would have bought a new horse rug. Spending an hour fixing it isn't my idea of fun.

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Lise! Maybe not Mother of the Year, but bet your Horsey One will remember Mum always being there to help! :0) Oooh ... having renovated and cleaned out my sewing room this time last year, I know what you mean about unearthing lost treasures. :0) There were also some "What The?!?" Moments! Tee! Hee! Hee! Have you tried using Easy Appliique instead of vlisofix? I find it stays on better and stores better. Love Rural Jardin ... it's what started my French kick! :0) Have fun!! Bear Hugs - KRIS