Saturday, January 7, 2012

To share!

Last year I spoke about the cookbook our schools parents & friends association were creating. If you remember I submitted some favorite recipes of ours and subsequently had to 'make' them for the 'photo shoot'! It is a very professionally done book, all the recipes were tested to make sure they worked (not just once) and we had a food stylist and a food photographer who gave up 2 days to style and photograph the book. The completed book arrived in November and I am thrilled with it. I could not share it sooner as I had a box of them for Christmas presents and I was scared someone might snoop on here!! It is really a coffee table book while containing an assortment of interesting recipes, some for old favorites, others that I would never try and a lot that I can't wait to make myself. I have only made one so far, vanilla muffins, but they were delicious and got the stamp of approval from the family! It is not a cheap book but reasonably priced for the quality. The school community have supported it well and the majority of the books sold before Christmas.
The funniest story and proof of it being such a small world. I bought a copy for my sister and paid a small fortune to Australia Post to send it to her in the UK for Christmas. When I spoke to her Christmas night she had received 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! copies of it!!!!!!!!! The second one (which she opened first) was from a colleague of hers who is also originally from Australia and it was not until she opened mine that she realised the significance. To be honest I was a little put out and perplexed however over the next few days we unravelled the story and this colleagues nephew attends the same school as mine and had stopped with his Aunt in the UK on the way to Germany the week before Christmas, delivering some cookbooks. We have had a great laugh about it and doesn't it prove what a small world it is!!! The colleague had NO idea of the link to the school but just thought it would be nice for my sister to have an Australian cookbook!


This is my Rocky road cheesecake, doesn't it look great. I am very pleased with how it photographed!


I have had an afternoon home alone today as the rest of the family are in Mt Gambier at the baseball. No room in the car for me so what a shame I had to stay home and potter!! There has been sewing. This is the first completed block of the Fat Quarter shop mystery bom. Only 5 more to catch up!!!


I also did some other sewing which I am bursting to share but it is a little secret for the minute! All I can say is that I haven't had this much fun for a long time!!!

8 comments:

Joolz said...

Don't you just love a day home by yourself. Pure indulgence I think.
I would be proud to have a recipe published in such a book, it looks great.

I had a small world moment this week...
My new cleaner (who has moved to town from Adelaide)is my first cousins best friend!!!!!!!!!

My sister pieced together that puzzle after I told her about this lady - she had been talking to my cousin who had told her she was losing one of her great friends to our town. Bloody amazing!

Cheers - Joolz

Calidore said...

Gorgeous cook book and that cheesecake looks amazing. Well done on your sewing.....I love the block. I managed to get a table runner made today - in between not getting anywhere fast and a drive with Nicola for her L plates

Beth said...

Good girl! Having fun and sewing? thats the BEST...sorry you missed the baseball game! (sounds like YOU were not so sorry!HA!) Love the 'small world' story. We have a few of our own!

Joy said...

What a fantastic book!!! Your cheesecake looks amazing, I'm drooling just looking at it lol.
Hugs,
Joy :o)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Wow to your cheesecake Lise, it looks amazing hope you had a nice afternoon...love the block...

Cardygirl said...

The cookbook looks fabulous...love the story too. Great block!

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Lise! Aahh ... time in the sewing room ... what bliss! I have one chore left to do and then I can go and have MY play time in the sewing room ... oh what to do??? Finish some half done projects, start something new, play with some new designs ... the possibilities are endless! :0) can't wait to see what your secet stitching is, too - have fun!! Bear Hugs! KRIS

Carol said...

The cookbook is AMAZING Lise and I aim to try your cheesecake one day, but bear in mind I've never had any luck with making cheesecake, so I wonder if yours will be the one to push me over the edge.

I've made the Cheesy Chicken Parcels, which Mike made the appropriate mmmmmmm sounds, they were so yum. And Harry's Biscuits, half of which are on a plate right now being devoured at his meeting.

An afternoon to yourself = heaven.