Saturday, January 21, 2012

Time to share!

A few weeks ago I said that I had been doing some secret sewing that I couldn't share yet. Well now I can! Calidore and I decided to do a mug rug swap a very long time ago, I had received mine from her but she was still waiting and quite possibly thought she would never ever see anything!!! It was her Birthday on Thursday so what better reason to get motivated and become familiar with my sewing machine again! This is the mug rug I made which I sent with a Cath Kidston mug and some other goodies. I made it out of some charm squares and am really happy with it.

and the back of it!

Today I have made another one for a very special friend, I cannot say more yet , I am not sure if she looks on here or not but I'd like it to be a surprise. I also got her a Cath Kidston mug and am really happy with how well they match.

and the back of this one!

7 comments:

Lorraine said...

Nice work......they look great!

Barb said...

Love your mug rugs....

Little Penpen said...

Aren't mug rugs fun? Instant gratification!! Yours turned out so pretty and I really like those mugs!

Brandie said...

Too cute! Great mugs, they match perfectly.

Mistea said...

Very pretty - I hope you get to stay acquainted with your sewing machine.
Enjoy

Calidore said...

Ohh you have been busy and yes I'm using my mug and my mug rug daily. Nicola is insanely jealous that my cups of tea are bigger than hers (all due to the gorgeous size of the mug) but I tell her that's because I have special friends who appreciate me...roflmol. Acutually I'm very spoilt with friends like you.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Very nice Lise....